Are you interested in becoming a Vendor at the Sarasota Farmers Market?
Our Market is a community, and as such we have a unique, thorough process for applying to be a Vendor. Please read the guidelines below carefully before using the link below to submit your application.
Please note: submitting this application does NOT guarantee a place at the market. Due to the high volume of applications, only those selected to proceed in the process will be contacted.
New Vendor Application Process:
- Market Focus: The Sarasota Farmers Market is not a flea market. We take a lot of pride into making sure that agriculture is a priority for vendor consideration and that New Vendors are unique, high-quality, and not in direct duplication with our current Vendors.
- All applicants, if accepted, are committed to an annual contract. The Market is open year-round. Vendors are allowed seven (7) weeks off per year, but not more than three (3) weeks consecutively.
- The business owner applying as a vendor needs to be present at the market year-round.
- We accept Vendors in four unique categories:
- *All Plant Vendors must have a Nursery License registered with the State of Florida
- *The market only accepts artisans that make their own product, with a priority on products that are produced/sourced locally.
- *We require all Food Vendors to be fully permitted by the State of Florida and operate out of a licensed commercial kitchen. We do not accept any cottage food/consumable products.
- Process: All applications will be submitted to the New Vendor Committee. The Committee meets quarterly to review applications in January, April, July, and October. If they feel it could be a possible fit for the market, applicants will be asked to attend a board meeting for a 5-minute presentation and interview by the board. The Board will vote that night and applicants will be notified the following day.
- Electricity: Electricity is limited at the Market.
- Food Trucks / Trailers: Food Trucks are not permitted at the Sarasota Farmers Market. Trailers are only permitted with special exception.
- Rent: All Vendors are under an annual contract and pay rent monthly. Rent is $150/month (taxes included) per 10 linear feet ($15/foot), up to the first 20 feet. After 20 feet, Vendors pay an additional $140/month (taxes included) per 10 linear feet ($14/foot).
- Applications are accepted by mail only. (Applications will NOT be accepted during our Saturday Market.)